Thursday, March 10, 2011

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes


As many of you may know by now, I am a sucker for cupcakes; and I am always on the look out for new and delicious cupcake recipes. Well today, I have a delicious cupcake recipe for you and just in time for the Spring Season! Boy, are you "lucky!" This cupcake recipe truly embraces everything that I think Spring should be: light, airy, scent awakening, and fruity. These cupcakes deliver just that and pack quite a punch in the kisser with their key lime pudding centers. A whipped cream frosting made with real cream and powdered sugar tops these little beauties. These cupcakes have just the right amount of tartness/sweetness ratio and are so elegant and pretty that they would be the perfect ending to any St. Patrick's Day or Easter Dinner Celebration! I hope you enjoy these little gems because I think that I might have just stumbled onto the best cupcake recipe that any "lucky little lass or gent" might be fortunate to find!

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes
recipe adapted from 101 gourmet cupcakes in 10 minutes
Ingredients:
1 white cake mix
3 eggs
1 c. half and half
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 Tbs. Key Lime Juice ( I used lime juice)
4 Tbs. Grated lime peel (about 2 limes for garnish)

Baking Instructions:
Mix together cake mix, eggs, half and half, and 3 T. key lime juice. Pour 1-2 T. of cake batter into each cupcake paper liner. In a separate bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and rest of the lime juice. Evenly divide lime milk into batter-filled cups. Tops with remaining batter until 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.

Frost cupcakes with frosting and garnish with grated lime peel.

Yields: 18-24 cupcakes

Whipped Cream Frosting
Ingredients:
2 c. heavy cream
1/4-1/2 c. powdered sugar (depending on preference)

Directions:
Pour cream into a large mixing bowl and start mixing at low speed. Gradually increase speed until cream thickens and soft peaks form. Turn off mixer and add sugar. Start slowly again- no messes today! Beat until stuff peaks form. The stiffer the cream, the easier it is to frost the cupcakes. Keep refrigerated.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

2 comments:

  1. stop tempting me~~ guess I'll try them...when I can eat them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gotta chime in and testify to the absolute heavenliness of these cupcakes!!! I gotta say, I don't actually like Key Lime Pie but these...I LOVED! I'm so glad that you are one of my besties just because I love, ya but the treats you bring me are a nice little bonus!!! :)

    P.S. I really did eat 3 of them myself...SHAMEFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...